Terms & Conditions
H & B Invest Limited trading as Port Moresby City Transfers (POMCT) of Level 1 Harbourside West, Stanley Esplanade, Port Moresby is a company registered in Papua New Guinea.
By making a booking with us, you the Customer agree on behalf of all those persons you have made bookings for:
- Have read these Agency Terms & Conditions and agree to be bound by them;
- Is over 18 years of age;
- Accepts financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
- When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the applicable Supplier/Principal (i.e. the transport provider) of the Transport Arrangements, as specified on your ticket. As agent we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the Supplier/Principal or for the services provided by them.
- Your booking with us is subject to these Agency Terms and Conditions and the specific terms and conditions of the relevant Supplier/Principal(s) you contract with and you are advised to read both carefully. The Supplier/Principal’s booking conditions may limit and/or exclude the Supplier/Principal’s liability to you. Please ask us for copies of these if you do not have them.
- Your booking is confirmed and a contract between you and the Supplier/Principal will exist when we send you confirmation on their behalf. We are entitled, on behalf of the Supplier/Principal, to refuse any order placed by you. We do not guarantee to successfully allocate a Supplier/Principal to every booking request. In the unlikely event that we are unable to allocate a Supplier/Principal to your booking request we will email you to advise you as soon as possible.
- Liability – We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any transport arrangements or other services you purchase (“Transport Arrangements”) or for the acts or omissions of any supplier or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any arrangements.
- Booking – You must check all of the information which you provide us with at the time of booking to ensure it is correct, including the pick-up information. Once you have confirmed these details we will proceed to confirm the booking with the Supplier/Principal.
- Please check that all names, dates and timings are correct on receipt of all documents and advise us of any errors immediately. Any changes to these details which were due to your error may incur a charge to rectify them. The booking information that you provide to us will be passed on only to the relevant Supplier/Principal of your Transport Arrangements or other persons necessary for the provision of your Transport Arrangements. The information may be provided to public authorities if required by them, or as required by law. This applies to any special category (sensitive) information that you give to us. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies.
- Payment – In order to book your chosen Transport Arrangements, you must pay in full at the time of booking.
- Except where otherwise advised or stated in the booking conditions of the Supplier/Principal concerned, all monies you pay to us for Transport Arrangements will be held on behalf of the Supplier/Principal and forwarded on to the Supplier/Principal in accordance with our agreement with the Supplier/Principal.
- Prices – We reserve the right to amend advertised prices at any time. We also reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. Special note: changes and errors sometimes occur. You must check the price of your chosen Transport Arrangements at the time of booking.
- Special requests – If you have any special requests, please let us know at the time of booking. We will pass on all such requests to the Supplier/Principal, but we can’t guarantee that they will be met and we will have no liability to you if they are not. Note that our Suppliers/Principals will provide child / baby seats if requested whenever possible, however there may be rare instances when such seats are unable to be provided due to unforeseen last minute vehicle substitution, for example. Please note that we and our Suppliers/Principals cannot guarantee that the seats provided will be the exact fit for your child.
- Changes and Cancellations by You – Each of our Supplier/Principal’s allow you to cancel without charge provided that you cancel at least 24 hours before the booked transfer pick-up time. You can cancel your reservation online up to 24 hours before the pick-up or arrival time. We will confirm the cancellation terms of the Supplier/Principal which apply to your booking in your eTicket. Whilst we will try to assist, we cannot guarantee that the Supplier/Principal will meet any amendment requests. Amendments and cancellations can only be accepted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Supplier/Principal of your Transport Arrangements. The Supplier/Principal may charge the cancellation or amendment charges shown in their booking conditions (which may be as much as 100% of the cost of the Transport Arrangements). Please note: some Supplier/Principals do not allow changes and therefore full cancellation charges may apply.
- Changes and Cancellations by the Supplier/Principal – We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if the Supplier/Principal needs to make a significant change to your confirmed Transport Arrangements or to cancel them. We will also liaise between you and the Supplier/Principal in relation to any alternative arrangements offered by the supplier but we will have no further liability to you.
- Our responsibility for your booking – Your contract is with the Supplier/Principal and its booking conditions apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for the actual provision of the Transport Arrangements. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the Transport Arrangements that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of the commission we earn on your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
- Complaints – Because the contract for your Transport Arrangements is between you and the Supplier/Principal, we will forward any queries or concerns about your Transport Arrangements to them to deal with. Please submit any such queries via the dedicated page on our website, available here https://airportstaxitransfers.com/help. Complaints must be submitted within 28 days of the date that you used the services provided by the Supplier/Principal. If you have a problem with your Transport Arrangements whilst using them, this must be reported to the Supplier/Principal immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity for the Supplier/Principal to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may therefore be reduced or extinguished as a result. If you wish to complain about any service we have provided to you (i.e. our booking service) then please contact us directly.
- Law and Jurisdiction – These Agency Terms & Conditions are governed by Papua New Guinea law and we both agree that the courts of Papua New Guinea have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Vehicle Descriptions and Standards – All descriptions are as provided by the relevant Supplier/Principal. These are intended to give a guide to the facilities you should expect from your transport. Standards and ratings may vary between countries, as well as between suppliers. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any ratings given. The images of the vehicle make and model shown on the quotation page are for illustration purpose only and neither we nor the Supplier/Principal guarantee that these exact vehicles will be provided by the Supplier/Principal.
- Journey times – The distance and trip time provided are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather, or other events may cause conditions to differ from the information published and you should plan your trip accordingly.
- Documentation & Information – All descriptions and content on our website or otherwise issued by us is done so on behalf of the Supplier/Principal in question are intended to present a general idea of the services provided by the Supplier/Principal. Not all details of the relevant services can be included on our website. All services shown are subject to availability. If you require any further details, in respect of any Transport Arrangements or any other services please contact us.